- (uncountable) The act or process of dividing anything.
- Each of the separate parts of something resulting from division.
- (arithmetic) (uncountable) The process of dividing a number by another.
- (arithmetic) A calculation that involves this process.
- I"ve got ten divisions to do for my homework.
- A large military unit, usually made up of two or three brigades.
- A section of a large company.
- (botany) A rank ("division", divisio or "phylum") in plant taxonomy corresponding to the phylum in animal taxonomy.
- (botany) A taxon at the rank of division or phylum.
- A disagreement; a difference of viewpoint between two sides of an argument.
- (sports) A group that distinguishes itself from the others.
- (music) A florid instrumental variation of a melody in the 17th and 18th centuries, originally conceived as the dividing of each of a succession of long notes into several short ones.
- (music) A set of pipes in a pipe organ which are independantly controlled and supplied.
- (law) A concept whereby a common group of debtors are only responsible for their proportionate sum of the total debt.
8 letters in word "division": D I I I N O S V.
No anagrams for division found in this word list.